Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October four year ago

Four years ago in the fall, Becky Austin (who was in the same dog obedience class as me and Cocoa) kept telling me every week about this guy she knew that needed a good girl.  She was trying to set me up on a blind date.  I don't do blind dates.  I didn't really want to be stuck spending/wasting time with some guy I didn't know anything about.  She suggested we meet for coffee or something instead of a "date."  I don't do blind coffee either.  Finally, I told her to give him my phone number.  I figured that would make her leave me alone about it.  Plus, that way I didn't even have to answer the phone and that would be the end of that. 

Sure enough, the poor fella called.  And sure enough, I didn't answer.  I stood by the answering machine (that was back when I had a "real" phone) while he left a nice little message.  I didn't call him back.  So then a couple of days later he calls again.  So I figured that I'd better answer and explain to him why I let Becky give him my number.  I didn't want him to keep calling and keep calling and keep calling.  So I answer the phone.  I think we talked for a couple of hours.  And a couple of hours the next day.  And I finally agreed to go on just one date with him.  When he came to pick me up for our first date, he brought a Milkbone for Cocoa.  And the rest is history.  :-)

0 comments: