Thursday, July 29, 2010

Count your blessings....

So Sunday at church we sang this song, and it's kinda been stuck in my head this whole week.  So many times I think about what I wish I had and what I want instead of thinking about all the wonderful blessings that I already have.  I have so many things to be grateful for.  There is no nearly enough space or time for me to count them one by one, but here is just the top 8:
1.  I am blessed to have God as my personal savior and the knowledge that I will one day join my sister and other family in heaven. 
2.  I am blessed with good health.  I don't get sick often and when I do it's usually just minor. 
3.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband.  He is such a good man and I am so glad that he came into my life.  I love him with all of my heart. 
4.  I am blessed to have a wonderful family.  I love that we are so close and do things together.  Some of my favorite times are holidays when the whole family gathers, and family vacation.
5.  I am blessed with great in-laws.  I hear people talking all the time about how they don't like their mother-in-laws or they dont like to spend time with their spouse's family.  I feel sorry for them.  I love Matthew's family, and am thankful to have them in my life.
6.  I am blessed with a job that I like.  I know it sounds crazy, but I like due process paperwork.  I'm good at it.  And my boss is very generous.  She constanly gives us days off, bonuses, and other surprises.   I know there are so many people who would kill to have just any job, let alone one that they like.
7.  I am blessed with a house that I love.  Our house is perfect for us and our 5 dogs.  This was definitely the best purchase that we've ever made. 
8.  I have a wonderful future ahead of me.  I love being married to Matthew, and I look forward to what the future may bring for us. :-)

0 comments: